Sunday, May 13, 2012

Checking in...

I know I've been absent here for almost a week, but it's really been a crazy one. I'll be sharing some details about the events that went down, soon. For now, though, I'm still undecided about whether I should go for a pink top or a black top for my spotted silk wedding guest dress.


I'm planning to just make a quick decision and decide right before I start sewing, since right now I feel like I could really go either way. That means it'll be a surprise for y'all, but, whether I go with black or pink on top, I'm definitely taking Lenora Jane's advice from the comment she left on my last post and using contrasting fabric for some details on the bodice (like a black little heartbreaker-esque collar on an otherwise pink top, for example).  But, like I said, you kiddos will just have to wait and see what I come up with.

Despite this having been such a crazy week that I have not had a minute to do any sewing, I did somehow find myself at Payless, where I grabbed these adorable wedges for FOURTEEN DOLLARS! And I'm not the only one who's head over heels for them either.

wedges!



They love each other.

Anyway, that's all I've got to share for now. I'll check back in soon, when I've made some progress on my sewing plans. :)

6 comments:

  1. UGH getting myself to Payless posthaste and seeing if mine has those...they're great! I have a sort of similar pair in plain black, but...floral shoes? Sweet.

    And I'm glad I could help suggestionwise, haha. I am currently in the process of sewing a whole bunch of really sedate junk to wear for a newish office job, so I'm mostly just excited that blogworld is letting me sew vicariously on so many pretty spring/summer dresses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOVE those shoes! Either way you make this dress, it's going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the pink on top for sure :) You want the focus to be up near your face, not just a patterned skirt with your top half in black fading to the background. That's my two cents anyway! :)
    Looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with!
    And I love your shoes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me several days to comment because I can't decide! I like the sophistication of black but I love the playfulness of the pink! Whichever you end up with will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the fabric for your dress. And I don't think I could pick between the pink or the black either - they both look great! If I REALLY had to choose, I might lean towards pink. But perhaps pick the colour that suits YOU best, as it will be the closest to your face (does that make sense??!).
    Also love your new shoes - and your kit....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think both versions of the dress look good but I think pink is the best one for a wedding. I was always told it is bad luck to wear black to a wedding. :) Sure whatever you choose will look good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!