Friday, March 8, 2013

Vacation finds

First off, thank you for all of your nice comments on my polka-dotted New Look 6000 that I shared in my last post. Today's post wont include any awkward modeling shots, but there will definitely be more of those in the future. :)

Tom and I are reaching the end of our west coast vacation and just have one more day before we head back home across the country. As promised (though a little later than I'd hoped), I've got a few snapshots of things I've found during our travels thus far. There have been lots of antique and vintage shops to browse, which has been great. We've got heaps of photos to share, so I'll be posting those once I'm home and can use the computer. Anyway, here's a quick peek!






6 comments:

  1. Omg! I have the Du Barry and even started it but never finished it. I think I used terrible fabric. If you decide to sew it up I would join in and remake it. If I recall from making it October (2011! Ugh,UFO!) the head hole on the vest was really small. I can't wait to see what else caught your eye on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what delicious looking goodies you've got there! Look forward to seeing them (and more!) in greater details on your return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some great finds. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heeeey, are you in Los Angeles or was that just a coincidence on the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I was in LA for a couple of days. We've been travelling all over CA.
      I atually picked up the mail order pattern at an antique store in Paso Robles.

      Delete
  5. Oh, yum! I looooove the look of that pink dress! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!