Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Perfect Pair

I'm sure you've all heard by now that Colette Patterns has just released a new pattern, the Laurel shift dress.

As soon as I saw it, I thought, hmmm that reminds me of something...






Just add a little bit of bias binding & a bow to the neckline, and and you've got yourself a Mad Men-inspired dress, just like Megan's!

You might see me trying something like this soon, not necessarily for the Mad Men Dress Challenge, as I've got other plans for that already (details soon!), but just for fun. I'm also pretty excited to try taking a crack at using some of the embellishment ideas found in the Laurel Extras ebook. Colette is known for the thorough, easy to understand instructions that come with their patterns, so I have a feeling I'd be confident trying just about any of the embellishment ideas they've come up with. They're even having a sale on the Laurel, through Friday, so check it out!



7 comments:

  1. Oh I can definitely see that! Wouldn't it just be dreamy in a similar Liberty fabric?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've read my mind! I'm pretty sure I'll be using this pattern as my base for my Mad Men challenge dress. I had another pattern picked out but this is a much better match. Can't wait to see what you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought they exact same thing. I've got a Megan dressed planned as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pattern! It would look gorgeous in some Liberty print fabric. I'm tempted by it, last weekend I bought some silk that would be gorgeous for the top version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect match! =) I'm sure the new Laurel would look lovely as a Mad Men-shift dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!