Friday, April 5, 2013

On the sewing table

Today I went to my favorite antique store with an old friend and scooped up the far left and far right patterns shown below. The center pattern is a recent purchase from Etsy that was just too cute to pass up. Not sure just when I'll be sewing these up (though they'd all be great for spring & summer!), but thought I'd go ahead and share them anyway. Who here doesn't like to peek at vintage patterns??

The big green bow (a bit lighter/brighter in real life) was also just done today and will soon be part of my Mad Men dress I've been working on. Hopefully I'll be finishing up the dress in the next week, so I can take a few photos and have time to officially submit it to Julia Bobbin before the April 19 deadline. Yikes - back to work!


8 comments:

  1. What great patterns! I'm so excited to see your Mad Men dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy patterns, good luck getting done for the 19th :D

    I'll be watching!

    Bundana @
    http://bundana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the two you picked up from the antique store!

    sewcookgardenrepeat.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the number of that simplicity, if you don't mind sharing? It's simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I didn't mean for all of the numbers to be covered!
      That one is Simplicity 1615 :)

      Delete
  5. These are all too cute! Can't wait to see them turn into real dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look amazing, can't wait to see what you make out of them and also looking forward to seeing your finished Mad Men dress. The green looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!