Friday, May 17, 2013

On (and around) my sewing table...



For the first time in a long time, maybe ever, I've got 3 different sewing projects in progress at once. For the past week-ish it was just 2 simultaneous WIPs, until this morning. I ran to JoAnn fabrics to get some thread and for the first time, definitely ever, I stumbled upon some great apparel fabric! There was a lightweight, soft & buttery, rayon print that I fell in love with and knew needed to be made into a blouse. I'm loving the bright color scheme of coral, pea green, turquoise, orange & red hued-browns, black, and light grey, on a white background.

In addition to the new rayon blouse WIP, I've also got another Colette Laurel dress underway, as well as a NL6723 dress that's just been hanging out in the background for a while. I'd had a burst of inspiration a few weeks ago, that I could just whip this dress up quickly, use up some fabric from my stash, and possibly wear the finished product to Tom's brother's wedding next month, but now I'm not really sure. I'm starting to fall out of love with it before it's even finished -- please tell me I'm not the only person this happens to.

2 comments:

  1. I'd have fallen in love with that print too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous print! I'm excited to see your projects! Unfortunately, it can be SUPER hard to finish something you lose excitement over mid-project. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!