Friday, June 21, 2013

Spring Sewing Swap

Wow, this has been a crazy week. I was home sick for 2 days with a horrible cold and Tom is traveling on business (with his camera containing my photos of me in my latest dress project). Last week, in the midst of the wedding prep. & frenzy going on for Tom's brother's big day, I got a lovely package in the mail. It was my sewing swap loot and as soon as I opened it, I was SO excited.







I was paired up with the lovely and chic Lucinda of Sew Wrong. She literally included every single thing I'd told her I love when we'd discussed via email while setting up the swap. This girl is amazing! Check out what I got:








A nice looking pile of sewing goodies, wouldn't you say? Here's a closer look.






An adorable little card and the cutest, polka-dotted floral bias tape you've ever seen.







Two dress patterns!! I'm loving the jacket in the vogue pattern and the sleeveless view of the simplicity 1960s pattern - can't wait to try that one with a contrasting skirt and bodice.








Pretty, pretty floral fabrics! 2 1/2 yards of each! The blue fabric is a nice drapey rayon and the blue & red/pink one is a lightweight cotton. Both perfect for summer sewing!  Here's a closeup of each:





floral cotton





floral rayon


I know it's hard, you guys, but try not to be too jealous! If you didn't play this year, you'll just have to participate in Kerry's sewing swap next time around! It's so fun to be paired up with and meet different sewing bloggers out there, I'm already looking forward to the next swap. If you want to see what I sent Lucinda, check out her post (and much nicer photos!) over on Sew Wrong. Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. What gorgeous goodies. That blue and pink floral cotton is really lovely. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a lovely package! I'm so excited to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great parcel! Love both of those fabrics. Glad you enjoyed the swap :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh please, please, please make that Vogue jacket- it looks so stylish, and I would so love to see it made up!

    What a fantastic haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my that floral cotton is freaking fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you enjoyed your sewing goodies! I'm currently making a dress out of the stripey fabric you sent me and shopping for fabric for the Lonsdale dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Such fabulous treats - I love the Vogue pattern and the gorgeous fabric! I've just posted about my goodies from the lovely Philippa - do come and take a look! Thank-you Kestrel for setting this up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!