For the final version, I added in-seam pockets and the ruffles for the sleeves. I think it turned out totally adorable and the fun, zig-zag fabric really gets to shine. I used some purple-blue rayon bemberg lining for the pockets, in an attempt to reduce bulkiness, since the fabric is a quilting cotton.
I also made my favorite thing, bias binding, to finish the neckline and hem. When cutting the dress out, there was a limited amount of fabric, so that I just got all the pieces to fit, but couldn't really arrange things to help the zig-zag stripes match up at the seams. You can see that on my pocket close-up shot. But let's focus on the adorable sleeves. Now I'm determined to make another Laurel for me (at some point) with this sleeve style. I just think it's too cute not to have one for myself.