There are so many awesome things about this skirt!
- it's a wrap, so not only super easy to pick a size and fit, but also adjustable while you're wearing it
- nice, roomy pockets!
- no zippers, snaps, buttons, buttonholes, or other fiddly fastenings to deal with
- fast and simple to sew
- casual and super easy to wear -- with virtually no risk of flashing anyone with the back wrap, you can walk and move about without fear :)
I know there are already a LOT of denim Miette skirts out there on the internet, but I'm so glad to have my own! I've already worn it to work once, right after making it, hence the signs of wear/wrinkles in the photos (whatever!).
If you're considering making this skirt (especially with Me-Made-May coming up), definitely just DO IT! I'd say there are just two little things to keep in mind:
- pay attention when stitching the pockets -- I'd initially had them set to go on sideways, without realizing
- prepare yourself for the slightly tedious task of turning the ties right-side-out, which I somewhat successfully used a knitting needle for.