Monday, September 22, 2014

Late > Never? #OWOP14


So what if it's the end of September? Here I am with my OWOP outfits, for your viewing pleasure.

As you can see, I picked the Laurel dress/top by Colette Patterns. I wasn't even forced to repeat the Leopard Laurel on days 2 and 7, I just wanted to! That's how much I love that dress (read: secret pajamas).

I'm starting to feel my current style drift a little bit away from cutesy/quirky/colorful and lean more toward darker tones, sometimes more modern looks, and things that don't make me feel too twee. I found myself a bit uncomfortable in my Floral Laurel and Ruffle Sleeve Laurel this week. Even my peter pan collar was getting to me. Maybe it's a new life phase, maybe it's just the changing seasons. My favorite outfit of the week was day 5, my Back to School Laurel paired with sheer black tights and ankle boots. Ready for fall, y'all!

And, just because you've been nice enough to stick around in my recent absence, I'll let you in on a little secret. There's been no sewing happening in these parts as my sewing room is currently experiencing a dramatic revamping. I will be sharing some new sewing space shots once things are put back together, don't you worry. Until then, plz enjoy this image of my new computer desk (lives in under-construction sewing room), yay!




My place is a bit dark, so anything light/white/bright is super refreshing and a big help to keep things from feeling gross and drab. I've been taking a lot of inspiration from Heather Lou, Tilly, and Shanni's recent sewing space posts, so hopefully I'll end up with a sewing space that can keep the inspiration flowing.


4 comments:

  1. It's so weird how when you start to sew, you *really* think about how clothing and colours flatter or don't. Perhaps it is more of a colour thing? I lean heavily on simple, clean lines and solids, stipes and polka dots, but if there is a novelty print in navy or gray I love it too. I think Day 2 and Day 5 flatter your skin tone more than Day 1. Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carlee -- you make a good point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your new sewing space! I just posted mine if you'd like to take a look (i know i've been a quiet blogger lately...) Did you make it out to Leesburg for the rummage sale this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll have photos to share soon---your space is too cute! I wish I could have made it to the rummage sale this year, but alas I didn't. You sure found some good stuff, though! :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!