Thursday, January 26, 2012

Round two

So, you know how I got that lot of patterns through Craigslist earlier this week? Well, today I lucked out again! I'd had this on my list of books to keep an eye out for, so I was ready to jump on it as soon as I saw it.
©1976 Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Sewing
Funny thing is, the seller ended up being the same girl I bought the patterns from. (If you're for some reason reading this, Katie, thanks!!!!) I told her to just call me before she lists anything else! Anyway, I'd heard this book was a great reference guide, but when I actually got my hands on the thing, I was kind of blown away. In the first little section, this bad boy covers essentially every type of sewing tool and accessory known to man, and the different variations on them, plus how exactly to use 'em. You may think you know all about those things, but you might be surprised. I found myself saying, "Oh! that's what that thing's for," more than once. Hooray for learning! On top of that, the pictures and illustrations are so very clear and detailed, I'm already ready to try some new techniques -- and I'm only a few pages in! I'm sure this book is going to be a great help to me as I try new things and expand my sewing skills. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!