Sunday, May 12, 2013

MMM Week 2

MMM Week 2 - Monday thru Sunday


For week two of Me-Made-May, I managed to put together enough outfits to get me through all seven days - and even had a me-made outfit change on Sunday, for Mothers' Day.

Starting out on Monday, I wore my Blue, polka-dotted New Look 6000 dress. I have to admit I still really like this dress, even though you might notice some overall wrinkling present that wasn't there when I first made it. I'd thought my muslin used as underlining for the lightweight fashion fabric was pre-washed, but apparently it wasn't (who knows how long it had been sitting in my fabric stash). That means when I finally did go to wash the dress (cold water, gentle cycle, hang to dry), the fashion fabric did not shrink, but the underlining did a little bit. Now the polka-dotted shell is slightly larger...but still attached to...the muslin underlining. It has a bit of a baggy effect (though the dress now fits a bit tighter overall), but I feel like it still works, for whatever reason.

Tuesday, I pulled out my peter pan collared Pendrell blouse. This one doesn't get worn so much, but every time I do wear it, I'm like "Oh, YEAH. I like this one!"

Wednesday, I finally got to wear my linen Laurel dress. It's on the mini side, in terms of length, so I paired it with some light pink tights and think it went pretty well...

Thursday (which is like my Friday, since I work on Sundays), I re-wore my new pink, collared Laurel top. I like that I can just throw this on with jeans and not have to think about it, which is definitely nice come the end of the week.

Friday I wore my new, un-blogged denim cut-offs. These started out as some skinny, holey jeans from Gap that were always a little off in the fit (loose in the rear and tight in the calf), and really didn't serve a purpose in my wardrobe. Who needs torn up, holey jeans? Well, I'm sure some of you do, but apparently I don't anymore! Enter my new favorite weekend me-made.

Saturday, I wore my floral Laurel (wow, all 3 makes from this pattern worn in 1 week!). This just might be my favorite thing to wear that I've made...or at least recently. It's cute and comfy and my friend Andrea might have me make one for her after seeing me in this one. We'll see!

Sunday, I wore my sunny gingham Simplicity 2154 blouse two ways. For work, I put a green sweater over it, and then for dinner with my parents for Mothers' Day, I tucked it into my gathered skirt, to dress it up a tiny bit.

All in all, it was a good week me-made wise. I'm surprised I haven't had to cheat at all (I gave myself the out of wearing a vintage piece from my closet if I'm totally stumped for me-mades that day), and am actually finding it rather satisfying to only wear certain things in my closet. I might just have to do a clean-out at the end of the month. It would be nice to weed out stuff that doesn't mix well with the pieces in my closet that I've sewn or refashioned.

12 comments:

  1. Collared pendrell! Great idea :) Also, I love the gingham blouse both ways, but especially with the green sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab outfits Sue! And the peter pan collared Pendrell is supercute and I love all your versions of Laurell. I think I need a peter pan collared blouse now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the polka dotted dress! So pretty! I want to make something similar but with red accents all over (red bow belt, red pockets, facing).

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I love them all. Can I borrow your wardrobe? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how easily you dance through the rainbow with your outfits! All lovely and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your collared Laurel top! I just finished my first Laurel (a floral, too!), and I love the pattern. I'm definitely thinking a collared version of the top would be a great addition to my wardrobe. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is that green peter pan collared Pendrell. Very cute with the cropped pants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so cute every day! The 60's styles really suit you. I think you and I gravitate towards to same colours - I'm seeing a lot of navy, grey, emerald, and coral in your outfits! It's interesting that we have such different colouring and hair though... Gee, can you tell I'm obsessed with wardrobe palettes this month? :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're doing so well documenting MMM. I'm keeping up with the challenge but have yet to post about my efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! Was just checking my blog feed today and I saw Kerry's post on the Spring Sewing Swap matchups. So happy to discover your blog! I love your Laurel top with the collar, that's definitely something I'm going to need to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! I love all of these outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!