Sunday, September 29, 2013

Peter Pan Pendrell Replacement

My original Peter Pan Pendrell




Back in January, I was inspired by a peter pan collared Pendrell blouse made by Anna of Paunnet. I ended up making my own peter pan Pendrell, in teal rayon challis and loved it. I loved it so much, in fact, that I wore it and washed it a few too many times and it started to fall apart in any little place I'd not finished the seams 100% perfectly. I just recently parted ways with it (which felt weird, donating a me-made) and decided to make a replacement. I had just enough of the teal rayon left over to whip up a Laurel version, to fill the gap the Pendrell had left in my closet (and life).










I used the same collar as what I'd drafted for my pink Laurel top and simply rounded the pointed corners in the front to get the look I wanted. I used French seams throughout, and instead of completely foregoing interfacing in the collar (as I'd done and regretted in the Pendrell version), I used muslin to interface it, which worked pretty well. I also got to make bias tape and grinned the whole time -- for some reason I love this tedious task.





 





I'm so glad to have this blouse back in my closet and ready to wear! The soft collar for this version makes it easier to layer than my pink collared Laurel (which as been restricted to warm weather wear only).

In writing this post, I've just realized my next project, currently in the works, is also inspired by pieces Anna has made. As soon as I saw her recent post about her pinafore project, I started purchasing patterns and cutting fabric. More on that soon!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! You are really getting value out of laurel eh? I love that collar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour is simply spectacular on you! What a fabulous new top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute collar addition!! And I just love seeing all your iterations of this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! The color really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour and the love the peter pan collar. The top really suits you. I suspect I may need to get this pattern now...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!